November 28, 2010

Loly

Yesterday, I went to Cosmo because Loly's coffin was displayed there. Loly is my colloquial term for lola which means grandmother in Filipino. I was really close with her despite of no blood relation. She became my adviser, my comforter and my friend all rolled into one. I used to remember, she would gave me pakapin or extra amount of viand whenever I bought in her small restaurant. She had been telling us not to transfer in any boarding house because the place that we have been staying is the cheapest and safest of them all.

But what I misses about her is that I made a promise that if I could have my salary in my second job, she would be the one who will cook my favorite chocolate cake for my cousins and my friends. Now that I was accepted in a job, I know that this would not happen again.

Well, I wish that Loly would be happy wherever she is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment